Makes 20 Poppers
10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise (seeds removed)
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
8 oz jack cheese, shredded
1 scallion (finely chopped)
½ tsp salt
2 cans crescent roll dough
2 eggs, beaten
40 edible “eyeballs” or can use a little cream cheese + piece of a black olive for the eyes
1. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheese, green onion and salt until well combined.
2. Roll out the crescent dough – If using store-bought open and separate into 4 rectangles with the perforation in the middle of each. Seal the perforation with your fingers. Using a pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into 10 long pieces lengthwise.
3. Fill each jalapeño half with the cheese mixture.
4. Wrap each jalapeño half with the dough, leaving a space for the eyes.
5. Brush with egg mixture and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press the eyes into the cheese in the open space between the dough.